Trainee Team Leader – Apply Now
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Team Leader at Prospool in Leeds. In return we offer a great salary with 25 days paid holiday and company pension scheme after probationary period.
Prospool is Europe’s leading provider of contract spool winding services and tape products. We offer fast, efficient value-adding solutions to a diverse mix of customers with specific requirements for the conversion and application of tape and other materials.
The Trainee Team Leader will report to the Production Manager and ensure that daily operations in the factory operate efficiently and that resources and materials are not wasted. They will ensure that factory and warehouse operations conform to the Company’s Quality, Environmental Management and Occupational Health and Safety policies.
- Learn to operate machine as designated by the Shift Supervisor and achieve the Prospool accreditation.
- Ensure that correct Work Instructions are available and work to these instructions
- Make sure there is an adequate supply of raw material – master rolls, cores, boxes, etc. Request extra supplies from the Shift Supervisor in good time.
- Set the controls and settings on the machine as defined in the Work Description, including setting the computer controls and accurately setting the spacing of knives. Use appropriate measuring equipment to check settings are in specification.
- Run the machine checking on proper and efficient operation at all times
- Enter details of all work done into the computer database
- Load and unload the machine, with assistance if appropriate, including proper packing and labelling of finished product.
Once qualified with Prospool Accreditation, the Team Leader’s main duties will then also include:
- Leading the shift team and ensuring it runs smoothly
- General cleanliness of the factory
- Keeping machines running efficiently
- Solving day-to-day production problems
Key Qualities, Skills and Attributes Required:
- Proven experience at running complex machinery
- Numerate – understands tolerances, use of measuring equipment such as digital callipers.
- Literate – can follow written work instructions and complete forms requesting details of machine problems and similar.
- Basic IT skills – can enter details of work into a computer database or spreadsheet and send and receive internal emails
- Good communication skills
- Flexible attitude and desire to succeed
- Understanding of Health and Safety policy
- Understanding of Quality Systems
- ITQ Level 2 or similar
- Fork Lift Truck licence
- Experience of maintaining machinery and control systems
- Experience of ISO 9001 and standard operating procedures
Based at our facilities in Yeadon, the hours of work for this role are 38 hours a week, on a shift basis Monday to Friday.
Please apply online today below to be considered for the role of Trainee Team Leader at Prospool Ltd.
– No agencies, please.